Lately I’ve been feeling the urge to use my Wild Unknown deck; since I’ve been using my RWS “crutches” a bit in class and when I need clear answers, I haven’t been reaching for my more mysterious decks for readings.
Yesterday, Jupiter went into Capricorn, which is actually my Jupiter return — back to where it all begins! I’m cautiously optimistic; the last time Jupiter came around, I got my heart broken, but I also took a big leap of faith that paid off.
And so, using the Jupiter in Capricorn spread from Wanderer’s Tarot, here’s my look ahead at the lessons from Jupiter.
1. Left corner card – where am I now in my evolution? Mother of Wands, also known as the Queen of Wands. I am drawing up my power, my potential, my passion, and leaning into what I find exciting and meaningful.
2. Top middle card – the area of my life most affected by Jupiter. Eight of Cups, reversed. Big painful changes that I’m hesitant to face — even though I know it’s best to move on.
3. Bottom right card – how to grow, change, and learn from Jupiter. Judgement. When it comes down to it, what do I value most? What does it mean to live a meaningful life? Jupiter and Judgement are asking me to draw the line and say what matters the most to me.
4. Top left corner – the structure in my life that needs revision. Five of Swords, reversed. Feeling defeated, feeling betrayed — when I’m the one who went into something that I wasn’t prepared for. I need to be more careful with the battles I choose; otherwise I’ll just keep losing them.
5. Top right corner – the potential challenge illuminated by Jupiter. The Star, reversed. I have to remember to take care of myself, and follow my guiding star. It’s going to be a big year of change and motion, and I have to step back and recover as I move forward.
6. Bottom card, covering first – Jupiter’s blessing. The Magician. Big things are going to happen — and I’m the one with the power to make them happen.